Hi, I’m Bailey – the face behind the lens of Offspring Photography and I love my job!
I get to spend my working days with lovely people often at the most special time of their lives. My clients are expectant parents, new parents, exhausted parents, wide-awake newborns, sleepy newborns, excited siblings, energetic toddlers and dare I say it, moody teenagers. I work in the beautiful outdoors or in a client’s comfy home. I create galleries that I would like of my children and family. I love creating galleries that make people smile and even cry. I sometimes feel like a bit of a fraud calling it work.
I started Offspring Photography five years ago shortly after becoming a mum for the first time. I have a background in journalism and public relations where I worked for some of the country’s biggest brands telling their stories. Now I enjoy photographing families to help them tell their stories to their children and grandchildren.
Offspring is very much a family business. I now have two beautiful children – a five-year-old boy and two-year-old girl – who you may see pop up in some of my galleries now and then. My husband, parents, sister and mother-in-law all help out in their own way to keep the business and our family working together in perfect harmony.
Where we live is a huge part of the business too. Offspring is based in Stratford-upon-Avon, a beautiful part of the UK on the border of Warwickshire and the North Cotswolds. It’s an amazing place to bring up children with the perfect mix of town and rural life. It also offers so much variety for photography and provides a huge amount of inspiration in my work.
My aim is simple – to create a photographic keepsake that you and your children will look back on with happy tears in years to come.
Ten facts about me
1. I’m mum to two gorgeous children – a boy and girl aged 5 and 2. They keep me and my husband on our toes!
2. Dan and I are childhood sweethearts – awww!
3. I played violin for 25 years and am a Family Ambassador for Warwick Arts Centre
4. Dan and I were once hit by a bus!
5. My husband thinks I have OCD and thinks it hilarious that my car reg includes the acronym
6. I am a strong believer that you can always learn something new
7. I love children’s picture books and can’t leave a bookshop without buying a new one
8. I love to travel and Mongolia is the most amazing place on Earth
9. I love flowers but dislike chocolate
10. I’m a member of BANPAS, the Baby and Newborn Photographer’s Association, and follow a code of practice that ensures the best safety standards in the newborn photographic industry.
Please take time to browse through the galleries on my website as I know that choosing a photographer is a matter of style as well as professionalism. If you like what you see, and there’s a session package you like, please do get in touch. I really look forward to hearing from you!
Photos taken at my maternity shoot in July 2015 by C Reynolds