The safety of our respective families is my top priority and I will be following all key guidance regarding Covid-19 Coronavirus. Whilst we cannot eliminate the risk of Covid-19, in following these mitigating actions we can certainly reduce the risk.
This Policy has been put together using the latest updated Government Guidance – Working safely during COVID-19 in other people’s homes and Working safely during COVID-19 for Close Contact Services.
I hope you find this information helpful and that it gives you confidence that every measure has been taken to ensure the safety of our families and contacts.
Covid-19 Safety Policy
It’s important that during your session we put measures in place to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission. These include:
Maintaining social distancing
- Your session will be contactless. I will avoid any personal contact with you and your family during the session and that includes hand-shaking, posing of baby, high-fives with children, and also moving/touching hair or clothes while shooting. I will try my best to direct you from a safe distance.
- We will need to maintain a social distance by staying two metres apart or a minimum of 1 metre where two is not possible. As I usually use a long lens for outdoors sessions this won’t affect the quality of the photos I take.
- All sessions will be limited to the group size currently advised by Government which is currently up to six people, inclusive of support bubble, or one other household indoors.
- For indoor sessions, I will wear a type II mask for the duration of our session.
- For outdoor sessions, I will also have a mask with me and if you feel more comfortable with me wearing it, I will happily put it on for the duration of our session. Just please let me know.
- For sessions in your home, I will ask you to open windows in the rooms we shoot in to increase ventilaton.
- I will wash hands before and on arrival. I will also use 70% alcohol hand-sanitiser and antibacterial wipes throughout the session. I also recommend families have their own hand sanitiser for use during the session.
- I will remove shoes at the front door and only bring the necessary equipment to carry out the session.
- I recommend using your own blankets and toys/props that you would like included in the shoot.
- Before and after each session, every blanket, wrap and prop that is used during a session will be washed or sanitised. This will also be the case for photographic equipment including my camera, flash and lenses. All surfaces are wiped down with disinfectant wipes.
As pregnant women fall into the vulnerable category, maternity sessions should be scheduled for around 28 weeks and social-distancing measures will be strictly adhered to.
I will wear a type II mask for all indoor shoots and am also happy to wear a mask for outdoors shoots too, although you may deem it inappropriate if young children are involved in the photoshoot too.
Communication and payment
- All pre-session communication will be carried out via email, phone or text.
- All galleries and print options are presented and processed online.
- Payment will be online only by Paypal or BACS.
- Contactless deliveries of print products will be by Royal Mail or by hand if distance allows.
Strict no sickness policy
If we, or any of our respective households, have any coronavirus symptoms, however mild, such as a fever, cough, sore throat, vomiting, headaches or any type of sickness we are required to disclose it respectively, stay home and we will rearrange your session for another date.
For your reassurance, I will carry out a Covid lateral flow test at least 24 hours prior to your session.
To reschedule, please contact me as soon as possible. There is no fee to reschedule.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss anything before scheduling a session, please don’t hesitate to give me a call on 07703 575149.
Bailey Lamburn, Offspring Photography updated 12 July 2021