There’s just a couple of days to go to my first Christmas mini sessions this year at Bump2Baby Reality – I’m so excited!
My new Christmas backdrop has arrived and I love it! I hope you do too. I managed to grab a couple of minutes with my two babies to test it out and here’s a ‘sneak peak’. I can’t wait to use it with your little ones in their festive outfits.
The clothes your child wears to their session can make a big difference to your photographs so if you’re still struggling, I’ve put one or two tips below to help with your decision …
What to wear?
There are so many gorgeous festive baby outfits in the shops and online that it can be so difficult to decide on the best one for your little one. So here are a few tips to help:
1. A simple outfit is ideal and one that is well-fitting.
2.Most colours work well with the backdrop. Of course, festive red, white and green look particularly good but contrasting colours like blue and browns also work too. Please avoid black.
3. Wool, fur, feathers and lace – textures are great and give an added dimension to portraits. I will have faux-fur trimmed Christmas hats to hand, like the one pictured, but feel free to bring your own hats etc.
4. Don’t just think indoors. A woolly hat, scarf and big woolly socks can give a more cozy feel to your portrait images or for the ‘hygge’ feel this Christmas why not choose a pair of traditional PJs.
5. For sibling photos,matching outfits are super cute! Or if you’d prefer different outfits try to co-ordinate them. Patterns can be great, but try to limit them – perhaps have one child in a patterned top and choose one of the colours in the pattern for a more plain option for your second child.
6. And finally, accessories such as headbands, scarves, blankets, and favourite cuddly toys, can be a great way to introduce pops of colour too.
If you have any questions ahead of your session, please do get in touch by emailing email@example.com